Sunday 10 November 2013

How to make delicious Millionaires cake

I've being baking and cooking everyday this week. I'm like a women on a mission and I'm supposed to be on a diet, so its not a great combination! I made these yesterday and they taste devine so I thought I would share my recipe with you!

Here's what you will need;
250g plain biscuits 
160g butter (for the base)
400g tin of sweetened condensed milk 
125g butter (for the caramel)
90g caster sugar
115g golden syrup
250g milk chocolate (cadburys works well)


Start by lining a tray with foil and greasing with butter. Then crush the biscuits and mix with the butter. I usually melt the butter its much easier to mix. Then press into the tray. Put it in the fridge whilst you make the caramel.

Next combine the condensed milk, butter, sugar and golden syrup in a pan and stir on a low heat for about 25 minutes.

When the sugar has dissolved and the mixture has thickened and changed to a darker brown colour it will be ready. Leave to cool slightly. I left for about 15mins

 

Spread out over the top of the biscuit and put in the fridge. Leave for about 1 hour or until the caramel has hardened (not hard just so its not sticky!) and cooled down.


Melt the chocolate in the pan and spread over the caramel and put back in the fridge until set.


Cut into pieces and devour!


I want to make marshmallows next. Anyone got any good recipes for them?

2 comments :

  1. I will make this one day.It looks easy to make it and of course delicious :)

    ReplyDelete