Thursday 12 December 2013

DIY: Christmas Wreath

I love making homemade Christmas decorations, this week I have made a wreath for the front door. I get bored of the same decorations year in year out, so I always like to make things that are good value for money too.

Hobbycraft have a huge selection of Christmas Crafts, if your not careful you can loose way too much time browsing the treats they have on offer.

I put my wreath together using:


Hobbycraft have 3 for 2 on most Christmas things at the moment as well as a sale. This wreath would cost just £4 to make. I popped into the supermarket yesterday and something similar would have cost £10!!

The flowers are really easy to poke through the wreath and arrange them however you want. The stems bend really easily. The silver ones come individual in bunches of 6 and the flower pick comes as one although you could probably separate them if you wish.
They have a generous amount of glitter on all the flowers, the only downside to this is that it gets everywhere whilst you are making it.

 I'm probably the least imaginative person going so I'm pleased with the results. 





It looks lovely hung on the door but i can't seem to get a good picture from a distance, or without my reflection! I've had the wreath up for a few days now, its been cold windy and rainy. It still remains the same as when I put it up. There is no 'wear and tear' on it and I haven't noticed the glitter falling off.

What do you think of my £4 wreath?

*We were sent the items free for the purpose of the review. All opinions are my own.

No comments :

Post a Comment